From Staff Reports
The city of Sugar Land announced Monday that six citizens have been recognized for their service to the community last year.
The city said the six volunteers contributed more than 700 hours of service to Sugar Land in 2019, dedicating their time to seven city departments.
The 2019 Departmental Volunteers of the Year are as follows:
- Gabriel Rodriguez – Engineering, Permits and Inspections
- Barbara Hildebrand – Animal Services
- Eric Liu – Parks and Recreation
- Yaffa Steubinger – T.E. Harman Center
- Suzanne Whatley – Fire
- Trudy Thompson – Human Resources.