...of the idiotic congress and president not representing the American people. Fact - 83% of the American people are satisfied with their current health care coverage. Where does this president and liberal Democrats get off to taking over 1/7 of the American economy for 17% of those who are not satisfied? At town hall meetings all across the United States voters of all political stripes have showed their anger at these representatives that have not even read the proposed bill that they wanted to vote on IMMEDIATELY.
Congressman John Conyers said, “What good is it to read the bill if it is a thousand pages and it takes two days and two lawyers to understand it.” THIS IS AN EXACT QUOTE! This man is the chairman of the house judiciary committee? What a joke! Why is this man getting a paycheck?
Who wrote the 1,000+ pages of this bill? Which congressmen and senators sat at their desk and typed out the 1,000 pages? I’ll give you a hint... it wasn’t one of the 33 Senators, 435 congressman or the President that were elected in November 2008.
Don’t these elected representatives work for us. If so, why are they up there in Washington only doing the bidding of lobbyists? I think I will run for Congress or the Senate and I have a very narrow, but well-defined agenda. The following list is my platform and I will work as hard as possible to promote these simple tenets and if you won’t support me at least tell your representative you insist on them supporting these ideas.
• English is the official language of the United States of America.
• Congressmen and Senators shall serve no more than 12 years in either house of Congress
• No federal assistance will be given to any person that is not a legal citizen and no state is required to provide any assistance what so ever to any person in the U.S. illegally.
• No law will be passed that subjects voters to laws that all federal workers and elected officials will not also be subjected to starting with social security.
• The federal budget will start at zero every year and every expenditure will have to be justified.
• Any and all federally mandated light bulb restrictions will be repealed as well as any federal restrictions on toilet tank size or capacity.
• Each congressional term will consist of Jan 2-March 30 for matters of budget and June 1-Aug 30 for matters of law for two consecutive years.
• The stimulus bill passed in 2009 will be repealed retroactively.
• Congress and Senate pay will be equal to no more than 95% of the average U.S. public school teacher.
• Every natural parent or legal guardian shall have a 100% property tax credit (not a government-controlled voucher!) of all local school property or state-income taxes if public schools are opted out of.
• Completely and totally abolish the U.S. Department of Energy and the Department of Education.
In addition, the only campaign promise I will make is this: Ask me a yes or no question and I will give you a yes or no answer. If your current representative does not give you yes or no answers, then ask them to.